Terms & Conditions
The Big Step Forward Virtual Event 17 July 2021 - Conditions of Entry.
The following rules and conditions of entry (the “Rules”) relate to The Big Step Forward Virtual Event (the “Event”) organised by Pancreatic Cancer UK (“PCUK”).
- It is my responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by PCUK and comply with these Rules.
- It is my responsibility to consider and adhere to up to date government guidelines on Covid-19 and other public safety factors when taking part in the Event.
- By registering for the Event, each participant pledges to raise a minimum of £100. Where participants enter as a group, each participant in the group should pledge to raise £100 individually, or a group total of the amount of participants multiplied by £100.
- Each participant who raises £100 or above will receive a physical medal in the post within two months of completion of the event. Where participants take part in a group and a group total is raised, the group will receive one physical medal per person, for each person who raised £100 or more. All participants who complete the walk will receive a digital medal. All participants who raise £99 or less will receive an digital certificate.
Please note for health and safety reasons, it is advised to not let children under 3 years old to play with the medals.
- All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all fundraising monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to PCUK as soon as possible after the Event, and no later than 13th August 2021. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Participants may also pay in fundraising monies or donations by:
a) Calling the supporter care team on 020 3535 7090 with credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone; or
b) sending a cheque made payable to "Pancreatic Cancer UK" stating your full name and referencing The Big Step Forward.
- PCUK must receive the full amount of sponsorship money donated to you. Money received in sponsorship for the Event should not be used to cover the cost of travel to/from the Event, or equipment/clothing for the Event.
- Should you decide to withdraw from the Event, all sponsor forms and sponsor money collected must be forwarded to PCUK or, following a request from the sponsors, returned to the sponsors to the extent reasonably possible. You will contact PCUK immediately if you need to withdraw from the Event.
- Any personal information you share in the Facebook group, or any other data sharing platform such as Strava, is at your own risk. Please make sure you update and manage your own privacy settings as you see fit.
- You must carry out your fundraising in accordance with the guidelines set out by the Fundraising Regulator and by PCUK. You may receive information relating to The Big Step Forward Merchandise.
- If requested by us you agree to immediately stop fundraising for us.
USE OF THE BIG STEP FORWARD MATERIALS
- You acknowledge and agree that participants will receive, on request, one t-shirt per registrant. Additional t-shirts can be purchased from the PCUK online shop.
- You agree to refer to your participation in the event, and any related fundraising, as "in aid of Pancreatic Cancer UK".
- You agree to use any materials supplied to you by PCUK for the purpose of your participation in the Event, only in connection with such Event and for the benefit of the Event Organisers. You agree not to use such materials to carry out fundraising activities for any individual or organisation other than PCUK.
- You may not make changes to The Big Step Forward or PCUK’s names, logos or materials or use any other names or logos in connection with your event.
- You agree to stop using The Big Step Forward or PCUK’s names, logos and materials immediately after your event, or if we ask you to do so at any time, and return all such materials to us (or destroy them if we ask you to).
- Entry to the Event is free of charge but participants are required to register for the Event at thebigstepforward.org.uk. You will receive a confirmation email when your registration has been received by Pancreatic Cancer UK .
- Entry to the Event is subject to the registrant being 16 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 16 can take part in the Event with an accompanying adult. The safety of the child under 16 is the full responsibility of the registrant over 16 who they are walking with. There is no need for people under 16 to register for the Event.
- By giving PCUK your mobile number, you will receive helpful text messages about The Big Step Forward and top fundraising tips to help you have a great event experience. If you’d rather not receive event administration texts, you can opt out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 535 7090.
CHANGES AND LAST MINUTE ARRANGEMENTS
- In the instance of a last minute change in circumstance that may affect your participation in the Event, please contact email@example.com
- All participants and supporters must abide by applicable law and all up to date government advice when walking on event day. Participants should keep to public walking areas and adhere to any instructions or regulations given to them on the event day by police and/or other authorities within their town/city.
- We respectfully ask that all participants do not use aggressive or abusive language towards other participants or members of the public. You should also avoid behaving in a way which may cause injury or physical and/or emotional harm to other participants and/or members of the public, or which may cause offence or damage the reputation of PCUK.
- We strongly encourage you to you refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages and from smoking, whilst completing the Event and wearing any branded PCUK garments.
- We respectfully ask that all participants wearing branded PCUK garments act as responsible members of the public by using litter and recycling facilities available, or taking litter home to dispose of responsibly.
- PCUK cannot accept responsibility for the loss of participant’s personal belongings whilst taking part in the Event.
- We ask that all participants who are part of The Big Step Forward Facebook group behave in a respectful, kind and considerate manner. Specific community guidelines will be made available on the Facebook page however, PCUK reserve the right to delete posts, give warnings and issue temporary or permanent bans for breaches to either the letter or spirit of the community guidelines. Or for anything else not covered above that we believe needs similar action.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND MEDICAL
- By signing up to the Event, you confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health and fitness is good and that you are healthy and fit (physically and medically) enough to enter and complete the Event. You acknowledge that you are taking part in this challenge at your own risk. You accept that, should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect your ability to compete, you shall withdraw from the Event in accordance with these conditions
- Participants enter and take part in the Event at their own risk. PCUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in or attendance of the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Rules shall operate to exclude or limit any liability which cannot legally be excluded or limited. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from their doctor prior to the Event.
- You agree that PCUK are not responsible for supervising your participation in the Event, and that your Event and participation in it are at the participants’ own risk. PCUK, its employees and its agents, do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or for any death or personal injury as result of your participation in the Event.
- Pancreatic Cancer UK do not give any warranty or accept any liability regarding any of the advice or assistance we provide to you.
- We advise for all participants to carry water with them whilst taking part in The Event, to ensure hydration levels are at an optimum when carrying out this physical activity.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire (including footwear) and in possession of the appropriate protections when taking part in the Event, taking into account the nature of the Event, the weather forecast, sun exposure and the terrain involved.
- We reserve the right to ask you to withdraw during the Event if we have concerns about your ability to complete the course due to fitness, injury or otherwise. If you choose to continue you do so against the advice of the events team and therefore absolve the events team of any responsibility going forward.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they adhere to government guidelines surrounding Covid-19 restrictions. For the latest updates please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus. If you have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been hospitalised due to Covid-19, you should undergo health screening with a qualified medical professional prior to taking part in the Event to determine whether you are in a good state of health and fitness to participate in the Event.