Terms & Conditions
The Big Step Forward Virtual Event 25 July 2020 - Conditions of Entry.
The following rules and conditions of entry (the “Rules”) relate to The Big Step Forward Virtual Event (the “Event”) organised by Pancreatic Cancer UK (the “Event Organisers”).
- It is my responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by Pancreatic Cancer UK and comply with these Rules.
- It is my responsibility to consider and adhere to up to date government guidelines on Covid-19 and other public safety factors when taking part in the Event.
- By registering for the Event, each participant pledges to raise £100 for Pancreatic Cancer UK. Where participants enter as a group, each participant in the group should pledge to raise £100 individually, or a group total of the amount of participants multiplied by £100.
- Each participant who raises £100 or above and the funds reach Pancreatic Cancer UK by 21st August 2020 will receive a physical medal in the post within two months of completion of the event. Where participants take part in a group and a group total is raised, the group will receive one physical medal per person, for each person who raised £100 or more. All participants who complete the walk will receive a digital medal. All participants who raise £99 or less will receive a certificate in the post within two months of completion of the event.
(Please note for health and safety reasons, it is advised to not let children under 3 years old to play with the medals.)
- All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all fundraising monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to Pancreatic Cancer UK as soon as possible after the Event, and no later than 31st August 2020. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Other ways to pay in fundraising monies/donations are as follows:
- Calling the supporter care team on 020 3535 7090 with credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone.
- If you are unable to pay by debit or credit card, you can send a cheque made payable to "Pancreatic Cancer UK" stating your full name and referencing The Big Step Forward.
- The full amount of sponsorship money donated to you, the Particiapnt, should be received by Pancreatic Cancer UK. Money received in sponsorship for the Event should not be used to cover any costs you incur through participating in the Event.
- You must carry out your fundraising in accordance with the guidelines set out by the Fundraising Regulator and by Pancreatic Cancer UK. You may receive information relating to The Big Step Forward Merchandise.
- If requested by us you agree to immediately stop fundraising for us.
USE OF THE BIG STEP FORWARD MATERIALS
- You acknowledge and agree that participants will receive, on request, one t-shirt per registrant. T-shirt size requests will be accomodated, subject to availability. A different size to the size a participant requests, may be sent to the participant in the instance that the size requested, is out of stock. If additional t-shirts are requested by a participant Pancreatic Cancer UK will provide up to four more additional t-shirts at n extra cost to the participant. Any further additional t-shirts after the five t-shirts supplied to the participant, can be purchased for £5 each from the Pancreatic Cancer UK online shop.
- You agree to refer to your participation in the event, and any related fundraising, as "in aid of Pancreatic Cancer UK".
- You agree to use any materials supplied to you by Pancreatic Cancer UK for the purpose of your participation in the Event, only in connection with such Event and for the benefit of Pancreatic Cancer UK. You agree not to use such materials to carry out fundraising activities for any individual or organisation other than Pancreatic Cancer UK.
- You may not make changes to The Big Step Forward or Pancreatic Cancer UK’s names, logos or materials or use any other names or logos in connection with your participation in the Event.
- You agree to stop using The Big Step Forward or Pancreatic Cancer UK’s names, logos and materials immediately after your participantion in the Event, or if Pancreatic Cancer UK asks you to do so at any time, and return all such materials to Pancreatic Cancer UK (or destroy them if asked to).
- Entry to the Event is free of charge but participants are required to register for the Event at thebigstepforward.org.uk. You will receive a confirmation email when your registration has been received by Pancreatic Cancer UK.
- Entry to the Event is subject to the registrant being 16 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 16 can take part in the Event with an accompanying adult, however the accompanying adult must register on behalf of the child under 16 and pledge to raise a minimum of £100 for Pancreatic Cancer UK, on behalf of the child under 16. The safety of the child under 16 is the full responsibility of the registrant over 16 who they are walking with. There is no need for people under 16 to register for the Event.
- By giving Pancreatic Cancer UK your mobile number, the participant will receive helpful text messages about The Big Step Forward and top fundraising tips to help you have a great event experience. If the participant would rather not receive event administration texts, you can opt out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0203 535 7090.
CHANGES AND LAST MINUTE ARRANGEMENTS
- In the instance of a last minute change in circumstance that may affect your participation in the Event, please contact email@example.com
- All participants and supporters must abide by the Law and all up to date government advice when walking on Event day. Participants should keep to public walking areas and adhere to any instructions or regulations given to them on the Event day by police and/or other authorities within their town/city.
- We respectfully ask that all participants do not use aggressive or abusive language towards other participants or members of the public. You should also avoid behaving in a way which may cause injury or physical and/or emotional harm to other participants and/or members of the public, or which may cause offence or damage the reputation of Pancreatic Cancer UK.
- We strongly encourage you to you refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages and from smoking, whilst completing the Event and whilst wearing any branded Pancreatic Cancer UK garments.
- We respectfully ask that all Event participants wearing branded Pancreatic Cancer UK garments act as responsible members of the public by using litter and recycling facilities available, or taking litter home to dispose of responsibly.
- Pancreatic Cancer UK cannot accept responsibility for the loss of participant’s personal belongings whilst taking part in the Event.
- We ask that all participants who are part of 'The Big Step Forward' private Facebook group behave in a respectful, kind and considerate manner. Specific community guidelines will be made available on the Facebook page however, Pancreatic Cancer UK reserves the right to delete posts, give warnings and issue temporary or permanent bans for breaches to either the letter or spirit of the community guidelines. Or for anything else not covered above that we believe needs similar action.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND MEDICAL
- Participants enter and take part in the Event at their own risk. Pancreatic Cancer UK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in the Event. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Rules shall operate to exclude or limit any liability which cannot legally be excluded or limited. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from their doctor prior to the Event.
- You agree that Pancreatic Cancer UK are not responsible for supervising your participation in the Event, and that your Event and participation in it are at the participants’ own risk. Pancreatic Cancer UK, its employees and its agents, do not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or for any death or personal injury as result of your participation in the Event.
- Pancreatic Cancer UK do not give any warranty or accept any liability regarding any of the advice or assistance we provide to you.
- We advise for all participants to carry water with them whilst taking part in The Event, to ensure hydration levels are at an optimum when carrying out this physical activity.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate attire (including footwear) and in possession of the appropriate protections when taking part in the Event, taking into account the nature of the Event, the weather forecast, sun exposure and the terrain involved.